In the last blog, we talked about the importance of employer branding, content types and best platforms for the same. As promised, in this piece we take you through some benefits of employer branding and steps on preparedness.
A few benefits of employer branding are:
- Attract higher quality and quantity of resumes and applicants
- Retain talent - drop in attrition
- A motivated workforce for whom salary no longer remains the sole driver of decisions
- Equity with the public - which holds the brand in good stead during trying times
You know you have really cracked employer branding and moved on to autopilot when you can trust employees to be spokespeople of the brand. Employee advocacy is the best place to be in. You can then even take a break on publishing posts on your page and let the employees do the talking. The only and very important job at this time would be to be on constant vigil of the content being shared.
It is best to be proactive and have a set of social media guidelines shared with your employees as a reference point for whenever they want to share something publicly.
There are a few things that doing this right may result in. You should prepare yourself to deal with:
- Ex-employees going rogue. Disgruntled past employees are known to go rogue on social media when they see employer branding posts. Depending on the intensity of the situation, a crisis management team should be ready to act on it.
- If your employer branding strategy is taking the right shape, you will see a surge of comments and inquiries for jobs in your social channels. Keep a response ready, personalize it to address the person, and publish promptly. Your response could direct the person to your career page on the website or a relevant email id where they can write in.
- Response time is of the essence when queries come in. Your social media team should be on the alert so that not much time lapses between the query and your response. Set auto responses for the days/times when you are offline, so followers know when and what to expect.
Examples of some great employer branding videos:
So, if you have not started already, there’s never been a better time than NOW. After all, according to Glassdoor, “69% are likely to apply to a job if the employer actively manages its employer brand”.